Thursday, December 1, 2011

NIGHT AT THE ITALIAN OPERA

Our last excursion in Florence (aside from the farewell dinner but I refuse to acknowledge that exists for the time being) was going to the La Boheme Opera. We all got dressed up and went to get apertivo before the opera at this ridiculously swanky restaurant/bar called Ideal. It was clearly ideal for all things and people that are classy. So I gorged on bread, pasta, hot dogs and random other weird appetizer food (it was super classy so therefore didnt have the need for legitimately filling food). I ate probable a full baguette of bread via small slices, but it was free so hell yeah am I going to pig out. Pretty much all of us followed suit of Chiara's drink and we all got capriosca fragolas (spelling?) which was super strong but super good. Never had a strawberry/lime drink so why not, all for try new things especially when its FO FREE.


Then we head to the opera and shortly after we get there it starts. Oh so the singers are going to elongate every syllable of what they are saying... oh luckily there's subtitles, oh wait I don't speak read or understand Italian, fun. There was 4 parts to the show. Needless to say I got a good couple naps in that night. Hey I went, I am trying to get cultured even when I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it, but yet again it was free so I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment