Monday, December 5, 2011

PUT YOUR NUMBER TWOS IN THE AIR IF YOU DID IT ON 'EM

On the 14th day abroading, Europe gave to me...


#17- GELATO
#16- ABROAD SONGS
#15- PERSISTENT HAWKERS


#14- ITALIAN WEATHER


Okay why would weather really effect your life for 4 months? Well were born and raised in New England like I have, Italy is a breath of 85 and sunny fresh air. No humidity exists, it's the best. The first month I don't even think it reached below 85, mostly 90s. The second month was a constant flow of 85 and sunny. The entire time I have been abroad it has rained on me in Florence 5 times, and the 4th time was yesterday and 5th today (And stop complaining Ireland abroaders, you could have came to Italy). Florence is pretty much is the center of Italy and yet it has been ridiculous weather this semester. Multiple times my professors have talked about how this past few months has been the longest Italy has stayed hot in over 100 years. Well I got a pocketful of sunshine and it's name is Mother Nature in Italy (or global warming). Regardless, the weather has without a doubt had an impact on my emotions while abroad. Do I love rain, YES and I'm glad I finally get some in Italy this week, but sun has scientific proof to get a person in a better mood. Could I have been even more frustrated and hating Italy the first month I was here if it was cold or wet or stuffy? Hell yes, but I don't even recall seeing a single cloud in September. New England I love for its 4 seasons, I like the change and I know time is passing by thanks to the weather, but  time in Italy has FLOWN by without me even really feeling as if it did and I think that is because the weather has barely changed in 3 months. I feel as if Italy has not changed really (at surface level, can't say the same for the economy BUT would have been nice if the exchange rate is what it is now 3 months ago) at all despite me maturing and changing in Italy tremendously. It will be a harsh and abrupt homecoming to Boston. I probably will have a mini hissy fit the second I exit the doors of Logan and feel the cold Massachusetts air than complain about how it no way compares to Italy. Who would have thought weather could be a factor to make me love a country? I don't even want to think about the fact I will be seeing snow so soon from now. No thanks, I'll take my windless and perfect sweatshirt and jeans without sweating profusely weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment