On the 8th day left abroading, Europe gave to me...
#17- GELATO
#16- ABROAD SONGS
#15- PERSISTENT HAWKERS
#14- ITALIAN WEATHER
#13- ABROAD CONSTANTS
#12- #STUDYABROADPROBLEMS
#11- OLD STOVE PORCELLINO
#10- 3,991 MILES
#9- PARIS, FRANCE
#8- APPRECIATION OF WHAT'S TO COME
Okay so this one doesn't exactly follow the guidelines of the purpose of these last 17 day statements, but it don't matter. The experiences being abroad have been insurmountable at times and extremely rewarding throughout it all, duh, but now with only a week left abroad I can't help but be contemplative about what is ahead for me. The life I have back home and how it will be so much different since I've grown. What have I missed while being gone? Have the people I care about become different while I was gone? I am hugely anti the unknown but I am very much looking forward to continue my life experiences back home, granted it won't involve casually traveling to other countries on the weekend anymore though..
Things I am excited about for when I am back
-DUNKIN DONUTS ICED COFFEES (no explanation necessary)-bagels (specifically Back Bay)
-Target (so many aisles, so many options)
-Stonehill College (the campus, Admissions, Student Activities, oh yeah and the like 50 people who I have missed dearly)
-THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!
-Not having to cook for myself, I will take your crappy food Sodexo why thank you
-Having my room back home
-Turning 21 twenty eight hours after arriving in Boston
-Grace Walkowicz and Tara Cantwell. oh and seeing how my okids have grown through their awkward freshman stages
-Sour Patch Kids
-Being able to drive
-One dollar bills (and not having to carry massive amounts of change)
-Finding out how I am going to be able to balance having 3 jobs, Frisbee, clubs, and a very harsh class schedule (oh and finding the motivation to do it all considering abroad status has shot that)
-Chain restaurants (but no pasta or pizza for at least a month)
-Chinese food (pretty much I am a fat ass who only misses food)
-My iPhone! (screw the piccell) and that includes Angry Birds and Words with Friends
-Netflix, actually all of the internet and being able to use it without country restrictions or bad internet quality
-Being in the same time zone as everyone I know
-American sized portions of everything and anything
-Having the right of way as a pedestrian
-Being in a country that actually recycles
-BEING ABLE TO GO ON A RUN! oh stonehill cardio room I have missed you too
-The Peer Mentor Team, and Orientation season starting so soon
-Bud Light Faiths, and the beautiful Faith Castiglione
-Erin Kelly and making her feel uncomfortable with my statements
-Actual weather changes, yeah I will no doubt miss my months of 85 and sunny, but time never felt like it was passing cause of the weather here
-Donahue and the Admissions staff
-Not having to travel... I LOVE seeing new places but oh my god do I hate the process of traveling
and so many more but those were just the first ones that came to mind. ahhhh so soon to being home
No comments:
Post a Comment