so since I'm a Grinch (thanks to a birthday that is always overshadowed by the holiday seasons) but I still love the month of December, I figured a good way to keep me in check of the reality that I leave on December 17th is to improve upon the 25 days of xmas and have a 17 days of studying abroad. (You'll have to deal with the daily posts, but I pretty much post daily as is).
So what does the 17 days of studying abroad mean you ask? I'm going to finish off my last 17 days with recapping 17 moments/things/days/trips/people that helped define my studying abroad experience and how it has influenced me as a person.
On the 17th day of Abroading, Europe gave to meeee
(It's going backwards, so work with me, I get it doesn't make complete sense)
#17- GELATO.
Now why not I say Italian food in general? Well gelato deserves a category all on its own. Considering I have 3 favorite gelateria's (Grom, Gelatissimo, and Festival del Gelato) that should say something in itself. Grom was the first Italian gelato I had and there was no going back from there, it was a necessity of life. Gelatissimo gives the best portions for price, not to mention I have a loyalty card and get free gelato.. and the workers there are so peppy and friendly (which is the most rare in Italia). Then Festival has over 50+ flavors to choose from, most of which I cannot get at other places. So my vice is gelato. Yes, Italian food is bomb and has forever ruined pasta and pizza for me in America, but considering the ratio of meals I made myself to meals I ate out, I barely ate actual Italian food BUT I did eat a lot of Italian gelato. Need a pick me up? Gelato. Want to casually go out with a few friends after doing something? Gelato. Feeling like a fat ass walking to class? Gelato. Not sure what to do? Oh let's go get some gelato. Gelato solves any and all problems.
Sidenote Favorite flavors: TIRAMISU, Caffe, Limone, 5 Cereali, Mint, Espresso, Cantaloupe
No comments:
Post a Comment