So Thursday comes and it's our last full day in Ireland. I go on another bus guided tour to the Cliffs of Moher. This was hands down my favorite place in Ireland, and all the random stops we made going back and forth were incredible too, now this is the epitome of Ireland. JMardo was able to come with us that day since she didn't have class and could go for free, so clearly mad friend points yet again go to Jessica. Our bus driver / tour guide was not as lively as the one I had going to Connemara, he even awkwardly asked if we remembered his name at the end... no one did. Regardless, breathtaking and perfect day in the Land of Ire.
Animals exist? Why yes Italy they do, just not in your country. Pigeons don't count.
casual.
A nice random Irishman asked if we wanted our photo taken, definitely a favorite.
A pit stop in a "fairy circle" with the girls.
So artsy.
Giant awkward chair or an ancient Irish tomb?
Before we stop at the Cliffs we eat at this quaint pub, which mind you Mardo was smart enough to know for us to rush there and beat the rest of the bus for food. I get garlic bread and french fries for a break from my vegetable soup streak; I never really knew how much I could miss certain foods. We see a little bit of home in the pub, they have things from around the world on the walls, I see American money.. forgot what it looked like. They have license plates from states, whattup Mass and Rhodey. Then it's off to the Cliffs after a great meal.
We arrive at the Cliffs and oh yeah another day of sun in Ireland? Check. We were the most lucky with weather in Ireland, it barely rained on us.
This doesn't even look real to me and I saw it with my own eyes. It was so cool near the Cliffs, the wind was so strong that it was bringing the ocean water all the way up and slightly felt like it was raining, it was cool. Oh and the Cliffs are in the process to becoming one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, they had a voting station in the center for it which was also built in the hills by the Cliffs, so cool.
Not the place to slip.
A is for Ambassador, or Admissions, or our boss Amber. Student Ambassadors abroad life.
Another submission of the abroad Titanic pose. Though Court wouldn't get as close to the edge as I would have, hence the mud.
Casually stopped by some lesser cliffs to say hey to the Atlantic again.
Another unreal landscape photo brought to you by the country Ireland.
We finally get to meet up with Mallory! Though she did scare the crap out of me when we arrived back to the apartment she was napping, I get out of the bathroom and there is Malpal straight creeping inches away from the bathroom door, typical Malpal.
Bro pic status with Pat. He was a nice tour guide the last day showing us around the streets of Galway.
Insta-friends photo with Kerry!
Oh she's just being Casey.
So our last night out we head out around Galway, go to a pub whose name I cannot recall at this time, we attempt to get into a club but with that 6 euro cover charge, to quote Mardo "oh HELL no that's two drinks I ain't paying for that!" That's one drink in Italia, but regardless cover charges are a slap in the face of poor college students, but hey in reality the place would have got more money if they nixed the cover charge and we all got drinks, but that's this Irish club's prerogative. Still a killer last night. I fall obsessed with cider in Ireland, I hate apple cider so why would I like it, who knows but now Bulmers and Strongbow will be my downfall in America.
Late night muchies provided by the Charcoal Grill and Supermacs. I ate the best burger here, despite having zero ketchup on it, and proved people wrong by eating an entire large fries on top of the burger. I'm a garbage disposal when it comes to food, not that people ever believe me unless they know me no thanks to my high metabolism and skinny frame.
The famous colored houses of Galway.
Eyre Square in Galway
Streets of Galway.
So to sum up my adventures in Ireland I would say perfectly relaxing and comforting. London was great but very busy like Italy and Paris, Ireland was fresh air, nature, friendly people, fun times with close friends, and everything I wanted from the homeland.
A 3 hour bus ride back to Dublin, a few hours to wait, pay a couple euros for some airport internet to get my classes for next semester (check), a flight delay, and an obnoxious bus ride and I'm back in Florence. Thank you for reminding me how much you frustrate me Italy when I get back in Pisa. We get our bus tickets and miss the first bus there post the flight because of not enough seats for the 5 of us, so we wait and it's this small car/bus by some Italian man yelling at us random things, we finally get on (though some people try to cut and this sweet lady coming from Ireland told the others we were first, why thank you again Ireland) and then the crazy bus driver proceeds to check EVERY ticket from each person in line waiting, mind you the bus was completely full and there was no point to this seeing as the other bus was not in sight. My impatience for Italy grows and grows sometimes, I am meant to forever live in New England where people gets things done as soon as frigging possible. The laid back life style of oh it will eventually get done here in Italy and I do not get along. So we get back to Florence and I meet up with my friend Briana and her friend who was visiting Florence who I said could stay with me, too bad I didn't arrive back into Florence until 2 AM, but I was at least back "home".

shit, ireland is SO green, it makes so much sense now.
ReplyDelete