Saturday, November 19, 2011

WEEKEND IN VENEZIA

My weekend in Venice was so refreshing, Venice is one of those places you see featured in a ton of movies and tv shows, but to actually be there was surreal. The usual nice 2 hour train ride nap and I'm in sunny beautiful Venice (which was a miracle considering the time of year we were there Venice should be constantly raining and flooded, but it has only rained 4 days out of the whole time I have been abroad and that includes a full week in Ireland, score)

Yet again another GSE hotel hookup with the free excursion, queen sized bed and free breakfast? check!



Canals be errwhere


Venetian ambulance, I would not want to get sick if I lived in Venice


I'M ON A BOAT... in Venice on the Grand Canal for 40 minutes seeing the whole massive city


casual Lengel mirror shot, loving the face


Adding to our long list of different forms of transportation taken while abroad, gondola!



Clock in Piazza San Marco


Snuck a photo that I wasn't supposed to take inside a Venice museum, such a bad ass. naht.


Glass blowing demonstration 


Those chandeliers equal my tuition money, who needs money for college when you could buy Venetian glass chandeliers?


I ate a sandwich... If you know me you know I don't like sandwiches, yeah I'm weird I don't like most things that go in sandwiches and just not a fan all around, I love bread on it's own it doesn't need useless crap.


Piazza San Marco at night


Smurf gelato? Okay I feel you Venezia.


Penis shaped pasta: HISTORICAL NOT SEXY


Alex and I with our free 3 course dinner, things got weird that night starting during that dinner. We attempted to go out in Venice the night we were there but damn does Venice not have a nightlife, and the one we found was so not worth the walk.


Photo we took during second part of the walking tour which we got sassed at for "not paying attention". calm down lady, we're college students we multitask


If you have ever had the not so pleasure of watching the movie "The Tourist" this building was in the main scene with the huge ball that Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp's characters attended... but seriously don't ever see that movie.


Found pizza for lunch? om nom nom


Postcard worthy gondolas


Then we took an hour boat ride to the island Burano near Venice which was famous for all of it's colored houses, it was very relaxing there was barely any tourists. 


Me with my program advisor Chiara. We have this trick for pictures down where when we face the sun we close our eyes and after the count of three open them to have the photo taken, fortunately enough Katie took the photo to early so we get this funny photo instead




And a sunset in Venice and it's Ciao Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment