I'm sitting eating a croissant on my quick lunch break from my 5 hour graphic design class feeling utterly incompetent. For starters wasn't informed that I would need photoshop etc on my laptop for this class and it's not in a lab, just a graphics classroom. Granted the professor is trying to find a way to get it to us without buying it, but this is just another expense I can't afford. There is this girl from Turkey in my class who I completely envy. She has her shit together pretty much and she was trying to help me get photoshop through a decoder and the internet in my school's building sucks. I look at the window and it's a there's an ancient church attached to this building so.... whats an American to do for some good internet abroad. It doesnt work but she's kind enough to let me borrow her computer and work on it, I don't have a mouse. I didn't think I would need one so I didn't bring it, yay another stupid expense. After working on my project (which is creating a personal logo) I just do not have a lot of skills with the Adobe programs, or at least not enough I wish to have in an intermediate Graphic Design class. She helps me finish it, but I cannot help but feel defeated. I'm already stressed on my own accord abroad, but it's looking like my classes are going to challenge me that much more.
And it doesn't help I constantly end up living in places that have paper thin walls and surrounded by people who do not understand the concept of volume during the very late night, and I'm a heavy sleeper so to be woken up so monotonously..... clearly I did not wake up on the right side of the Arno today.
I'm not homesick per say, but I sure as hell don't want to be in Florence right now. Ready for these first brutal weeks of culture shock to be over so I don't feel regretful for studying abroad.
No comments:
Post a Comment