Sunday, October 16, 2011

TOO SOON FOR AMANDA KNOX JOKES?

This weekend I got to finally go to Perugia and see some great Stonehill friends (Melaugh, Briana & Cait) and then go to the EuroChocolate festival!

Now I'm not the biggest chocolate fan, I don't dislike it but im far from the character on Spongebob that screams CHOCOOOLATEEEEE all the time, just grew up being indifferent about it (aside from Reese's but thats only because peanut butter cannot be denied!). All things considered its still the euro chocolate festival, Imma get buckwild over the chocolate. The second I saw the workers putting up a giant chocolate bar shaped rock wall... my week was made, I knew I was going on that.

So when Courtney and I got to Perugia Briana and Melaugh flat out would not let us take in the view from the mini metro, they started yelling DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT THATS NOT EVEN GOOD JUST WAIT, and boy were they right. The views in Italy are just so not real life constantly.

So after a 2 hour train ride and not having any breakfast/lunch.. the first thing I see when getting off the train is a sign for a McDonalds, judge away, it was damn freaking needed. Then we hope on a mini metro which is frigging adorable and taking us up Perugia like Disney monorail style. Then we get off walk outside and boom, not real life. Casual crazy views of Italy.

So we walk around see all of Perugia, see the Perugia abroader's school. Court, Melaugh and I casually get an aperitivo overlooking the mountains (Mojito, CHECK). Then we eat pizza... so.. frigging good. I got peppers on mine (though the waitress assumed I was an idiot American who didn't know peperoni meant peppers in Italian, FALSE I wanted the pepper pizza). Then we got ready for the night, casual wine sipping (learning not to hate it as much anymore, Italia has it growing on me) and went bar hopping all around Perugia. B and Shme wanted to take us to all of the hotspots. Managed to take a 2 euro shot and then Briana promised it's usually always 1 euro and then the next place we went to had a 3 euro shot, when in Perugia! My new goal is to try new things I never had (in regards pretty much to different gelato flavors and different drinks I never have) so I got a long island ice tea... then got another later in the night. Overall fantastic night, even more so when I found a receipt for a croissant that I vaguely remembered getting in the AM.

Next day, EuroChoco Festival. So. Much. Chocolate. Streets were bumping, music all involving food/chocolate/candy would play randomly, we rocked out to Lady Marmalade a good 3 or 4 times. We got the EuroChoco pass which we could go around to different booths and get free stuff, and if you know anything about me I LOVE free stuff, got a free chocolate picture frame among other things.




Where Amanda Knox's trial was, minus the chocolate festival tents... though I'm pretty sure the festival would have made BANK if that was the case.


Melaugh giving us a formal tour of Perugia "so some person was stealing water and then some girl fell in so that's why the aqueduct is now a walkway", Briana giving us an informal "some bitches put holes in the aqueduct to get free water and then some dumb biddie had to fall in a hole and drown"



yes, this is real.


literally saw priests doing a flashmob on the streets of Perugia... only in Italia



Finally arrived at Dempsey's, I discover Long Island Iced Teas..


StonehItaly


Giant frigging Chocolate bear.


First rock climbing experience was on a giant chocolate bar in Perugia? Okay okay


Take a second look, that's a chocolate lamp.



new BEST friends? yessss


Cait was so kind buying us some chocolate, for me to bite into it and realize there was nuts and I couldn't even eat it... whoops, the thought counts though.


That was rigged. Screw you Lindt I wanted a chocolate bear.


Ciao Ciao Perugia, hopefully see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment